June 20th Event: When Long Term Care Meets Long Term Conflict
“When Long Term Care Meets Long Term Conflict: An interdisciplinary approach to resolving disputes in long term care settings”
Please join us Wednesday, June 20, 2012 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm for a panel discussion at our monthly Chicago Bridge event.
Our distinguished panelists:
- Joan Barris, LCSW, LNHA Executive Director, Sunrise of Highland Park
- MacKenzie A. Hyde, JD Clark Hill PLC, Guardianship and Estate Attorney
- Phyllis Mitzen, MA,ACSW Co-Director, Center for Long Term Care Reform at Health at Medicare Policy Research
- Group Moderators: Teresa Nuccio, JD, MSW and Alexi Vahlkamp, Student University of Chicago SSA
This is an exciting opportunity to understand long term care from a legal, administrator and social work perspective. Learn collaborative ways of resolving the conflicts that arise between family and administration that put residents in the middle.
When: 6-8 pm on Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Where: Mather Pavillion in Evanston, 820 Foster Street, Evanston, IL
Transportation: Take the Purple Line “L” to Foster St., head one block east. Mather is on the right. Street parking available next to the “L” stop.
Please RSVP to Alexi: email@example.com.
Food and beverages will be provided.
Topics will include:
- Recent changes to the Illinois Powers of Attorney Act
- Disclosure of information under HIPPA
- Requirements of nursing home administrators under Illinois law
- Guardianship conflicts
- The social worker’s role and case studies in resolving disputes