Currently the Chicago Bridge has over 500 members!
Chicago Bridge’s mission is to provides opportunities for professional development, leadership, and support to emerging professionals in the field of aging. Our vision is to inspire and invigorate connected, passionate, and informed professionals to be a part of the transformation of an aging America.
How to be a part of the Chicago Bridge:
There are two ways to be a part of the Bridge; As an Member and as a Friend. In order to be a member you must be within the first 10 years of your career in the field of aging. To be a friend you can be experienced at any level of the field of aging.
As a member you can-
- Have access to the Google Group list serve where our 300 members communicate with one another about issues in the field of aging, current jobs, latest research findings in aging, new programs, educational opportunities, resource sharing, and questions and inquiries about the field of aging.
- Come to monthly Chicago Bridge Events and other socials and gatherings (topics vary, please review website for more information on past events, and Google Group for upcoming events
- Apply to join the Mentorship program as a Mentee. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply to be apart of the Chicago Bridge Leadership Core. Every two years new members take the lead to shape the group.
- Volunteer to organize a monthly meeting or other initiative with the Chicago Bridge Members.
As a friend you can-
- Share your expertise as a speaker at one of the monthly presentations of the Chicago Bridge
- Become a mentor to a Chicago Bridge member through the Mentorship Program
- Support emerging professionals in aging by becoming a host site for a monthly meeting or event
- Attract emerging professionals by advertising jobs or educational opportunities (email email@example.com with postings)
- Stay connected with emerging professionals with access to the Chicago Bridge ListServ in a READ ONLY status
Please click here to complete the NEW MEMBERSHIP form. Once you have submitted the form you will hear from the Chicago Bridge Membership Director regarding your status and more information about your role in the Chicago Bridge. If you have any questions or concerns about this process please email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for completing the new membership form you will hear from the Chicago Bridge Membership Director within the next week.